
Sooooooooo I'm at work and watching the only tv channel allowed (CNN) and listened as they covered a story about an obese child and his mother. The kid was 14 and weighed 550 lbs....whoa..that's a quarter ton. SOO they gov't blamed her for her child's weight problem and threw her ass in jail with a $50,000 bond. DAMN. I mean I understand where they're coming from to blame her for her son's problem but I don't think it was their place to take her to jail. I mean, I could stand to drop a couple pounds and hit da gym a couple days a week but does that give my neighbor the authority to call the police and say "Aye yo, this bitch next door...she big as hell...come pick her ass up"?? The mom stated that she works 2 or 3 jobs (can't remeber which one) and is hardly home to cook meals like she wishes she could so the son usually feeds himself while she's at work. Is this fair? Does the gov't have the right to intrude on your life if you feed your child too much? According to CNN the child is now in child protective services...great (that great was very sarcastic)..more problems for the kid. Idk...just seemed a lil fishy to me. If you don't feed your kid they throw you in jail...if you do...they throw you in jail...??? They should just let ppl LIVE THEIR LIVES!!! I could see if the kid was too big to get out the bed, to big to get thru doorways, wasn't going to school, ya know..something that affected the way he lived..but he was clearly happy. I don't think that they helped the kid in anyway by putting his mom in jail..they could've picked a different way to "help". They should've invested that energy into something else....like getting him medical attention...membership to a gym maybe? I mean now the whole entire world knows that he ways the same as a baby elephant and that his mom went to jail for it....great goin gov't.

im so weak Shug!!
ReplyDeletenot a baby elephant tho?
im weak as hell. my brother told me bout this the other day too
Shug...im weak as hell but you made good points...fuck the government!! lol
ReplyDelete